...

done and done

Can't knit enough these days. It's quiet and so portable (unlike my sewing machine). The perfect activity to take up to Stella's room for playtime. Stella leaps and spins about, Violet crawls and chews on toys, and I get to work on something creative. Moments of perfection. All 3 of us happy ... until one of the girls falls, or Violet wants to play with whatever Stella has set up, or Stella tries to pick Violet up, or whatever. But that's OK. Even 5 minutes of all 3 of us contently exploring our own interests is wonderful.

These stolen moments of knitting have amounted to a couple of finished projects. As per Stella's request, I've knit her a pink and green scarf. Isn't she so lovely. And the scarf is pretty too. It's made out of Patons Soy Wool Stripes in soft pinks, cream, beige and green.

Well ... she wore it for about 5 minutes before she told me it was itchy. I thought it was going to be soft enough. It is wool, but soft wool. Guess it's just not soft enough for a 4-year-old? Should have gone for the cashmere.

For my Violet, I've made some baby legwarmers. I was a child in the 80s - so I am familiar with the legwarmers. So good.I realised that I HAD to make Violet some legwarmers because we have an ergo carrier that we love, but when she's in it her pants get pulled up. And it's just been too cold for bare baby calves (even sweet chubby ones). So there you go - another knitting project.These were a joy to make. Great free pattern - Alana Dakos' Legwarmies. Great colours - dusty pink and dusty orange. Great wool - Rowan Cashsoft. Great legwarmers - Violet wore them all day and they worked like a charm with the carrier.

1 comment:

  1. omg i love your blog already! especially the pictures. wow. thanks so much for sharing i will be back all the time!

    ReplyDelete